Senior Staff Systems Architect (Molecular Imaging)
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 233943
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Knoxville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
The Molecular Imaging (MI) division of Siemens Healthcare is currently seeking a Sr. Staff-Level System Architect to join our Molecular Imaging systems engineering team to develop molecular imaging devices (http://healthcare.siemens.com/molecular-imaging).
ideal candidate should have experience in the development, documentation,
integration, deployment and evolution of complex system architectures which
integrate advanced hardware and software platforms. The role requires technical
leadership and coordination of a multi-disciplinary engineering team across
multiple global sites. The role provides the primary technical interface of the
team to the executive leadership and other key organizational stakeholders.
Experience in the field of medical device development is required. The
platforms developed by the system architect possess a product lifecycle from
initial shipment through end of service of over 30 years impacting the care of
tens of thousands of patients.
Membership on our team requires a passion for delivering platforms that
enable the sustained and efficient delivery of solutions that enable healthcare
providers to improve outcomes for patients.
· Assume technical responsibility for the development, documentation, integration, evolution and maintenance of the molecular imaging system.
· Communicate with diverse organization stakeholders including executive management over the product lifecycle to balance and coordinate their needs.
· Leverage a systematic approach to architecture to reduce complexity, minimize risks and achieve system requirements
· Drive long-term solutions that balance development cost with product lifecycle cost
· Allocate new functionality into existing system architecture while maintaining integrity and minimizing complexity.
· Lead a cross functional team through a systematic approach of assessing and choosing architectural solutions to open system topics.
· Enforce adherence to architectural decisions throughout development.
· Identify technical risk and drive mitigation strategy for risk deriving from the system architecture or risk to core system functionality.
· Elaborate integration strategy and supervise system integration and commissioning.
· Isolate system level integration or field issues into component or function
· Productize cutting-edge technologies to deliver breakthrough medical care to our customers and patients
Develops junior team members through mentoring
and coaching in complex subjects.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Extensive knowledge of system architecture, design, and risk management
· Bachelor degree or greater in engineering or medical imaging related field
· 10+ years of direct engineering experience with complex products in the medical device industry.
· Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to convey ideas and concepts to a wide range of international audiences (USA, Germany, China & India) including the clinical community, product management and other engineers
· Positive attitude with demonstrated experience working on large cross functional international teams with ability to also work autonomously
· Ability to work and self-manage in a complex, high-intensity environment with multiple parallel priorities.
· International travel required (< 5wks/yr)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Master degree or greater in engineering or medical imaging related field.
· Experience with model based systems engineering.
· Understanding of the principles of software architecture and development.