Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 233948
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Blue Bell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global
technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation,
quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global
technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup
provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets,
the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and
Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital
Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Siemens is seeking a Senior System Engineer to join our team. This office-based position is responsible for the design of building automation systems that are sold by our sales group. This is a great opportunity to join a global engineering powerhouse with a strong local team in place to foster career development.
- Chooses the appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost effective solution. Prepares all required submittals and schedules subsequent hand-off to operations. Handles the ordering of all required products and equipment.
- Acts as a technical resource to the Siemens team and customers as needed. Participates in sales-to-operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout. May participate in initial job site walk-through with contractors and/or building management. Independently designs building automation systems for standard and/or critical environment facilities such as data centers or laboratories.
- May need to create unique design solutions to meet specific customer requirements. Designs building automation systems for large and/or complex buildings consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations, valve and damper schedules, and Direct Digital Control panel layouts to meet the intent of the project plans, specifications, and contract documents.
- Designs large complex building automation network architecture to support operator workstations, DDC field panels, and third-party integration devices connected through LON, Ethernet, Siemens P2 or BACNET. Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications, and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
- Designs and understands building automation solution requirements for higher education facilities, K – 12 education facilities, pharmaceutical facilities, high rise buildings, office space facilities, lab control solutions, building and space pressurization solutions, chiller and boiler plant sequencing control, etc.
- Generates DDC point database on all projects. Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager and system specialist for use in commissioning and validation. Prepares engineering re-estimate and follows up with appropriate sales and management to assure understanding of and satisfaction with job scope.
- Prepares specifications and drawings for special components and panels purchased from outside suppliers. Selects proper types and sizes of company products and those from outside suppliers to meet project requirements. Prepares all information on pre-installation extras or change orders to submit to customer or general/subcontractor.
- Ensures the job folder is organized and maintained including all pertinent job related information. Orders and tracks all required products and materials for timely delivery on the job site. May perform some field activities as required.
- Required to mentor entry level and mid level engineers.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Required education: Associates Degree preferred.
- Required experience: At least five years of engineering experience relevant to the type of systems design skills needed for this role or equivalent field experience with building automation systems.
- Required travel: 10%
- Other requirements:
- Must be organized and have excellent written and verbal skills in English.
- Must be able to design medium to large standard jobs with some deviation using standard tools, products, or practices.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Associates degree Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 8 years industry experience.
- Strong knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations.
- AutoCAD, CAD Training or any related Engineering Design Software.
- Bluebeam Revu 2017, Adobe Pro, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.