Sr. Product Marketing Manager
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 233957
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
As the products organization for the Building Technologies Division, CPS offers total room and building solutions and energy management systems distributed through multiple channels within the HVAC industry. In support of our continued growth, we are looking for an exceptional B2B product marketing leader who will manage both a direct team and establish/facilitate cross functional teams to successfully develop and execute product marketing plans. The Senior Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for the outbound marketing activities to accelerate market awareness and adoption of a diverse product portfolio distributed through multiple channels. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic leader who can successfully leverage channel/market intelligence and product features to create industry leading go-to-market strategies and campaigns supporting achievement of revenue and share growth targets.
- Conduct market analysis to determine the most effective go-to-market activities and launch appropriate campaigns to gain rapid adoption and acceptance across multiple channels.
- Develop and implement specific marketing plans consistent with the growth and profitability goals for product categories and overall business segment.
- Conduct voice of the customer (VOC) activities to assess market conditions and channel strategies.
- Work with Product Management and Marketing Communications to develop and manage sales tools and collateral in support of promoting awareness, training and product adoption for both existing and new products across all sales channels.
- Oversee development, production, implementation and results tracking for product go-to-market initiatives.
- Ensure consistency and accuracy of messaging for the segment’s products across all communication channels.
- Synthesize analytics and other market intelligence to recommend shifts in market approach and serve as in-house expert on market approach for product portfolio.
- Own definition of customer buying personas. Work with product management to ensure these are integrated into product portfolio planning and management.
- Establish and manage the strategy for moving target customers from unaware to adoption.
- Manage a team responsible for sales enablement and product promotion within the engineering community and targeted key accounts.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing or Engineering. MBA preferred
- 7+ years of experience in B2B Product Marketing of industrial, engineered products is required. HVAC market experience is preferred.
- Strong integrated marketing skills with experience managing marketing programs and campaigns
- Detail-orientated, strategic thinker with strong analytical skills to synthesize raw data into actionable campaign optimization strategies for new and existing initiatives
- Exceptional cross-group collaboration, interpersonal, verbal and written communication and executive presentation skills
- Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Up to 20% travel