Director of Engineering, New Instrument Manufacturing - Site Lead
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 233960
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Director of Engineering, New Instrument Manufacturing Site Lead. This position is the key leader for a successful new instrument launch at our manufacturing site in Flanders, New Jersey.
Summary of the position.
· Lead a cross functional group of professionals from Engineering, Procurement, Quality and Operations to the realization of instruments product launch into the manufacturing site.
· Reports into the Vice President of Manufacturing, and is member of 500 + organization.
- Manage team of 20+ employees
- Resource planning to align staff with instrument launch
- Drive sourcing, build and delivery of instrument prototypes
- Manage readiness for commercial ramp up of instrument manufacturing
- Collaborate with related business partners
- Communicate manufacturing plant readiness for instrument launch
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Engineering Field
- 8-10 Years’ experience in Medical Device Manufacturing
- Medical Device, or other FDA regulated field
- 10% travel
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Master’s degree in related engineering field
- Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma Certification, a plus
- Project Management Certification, a plus
- Strong communication & collaboration, demonstrated ability to effectively manage a team of professionals.