Senior Manager, New Instrument Manufacturing
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 233962
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Senior Manager of Manufacturing, New Instrument. This is a leadership role that will be based at our Flanders, New Jersey facility. The Flanders facility has undergone significant expansion in the last 2 years. This role will lead the site operations organization to prepare for the manufacture of our new instrument.
Summary of the position.
· Drive the site operations organization to prepare for the manufacture of our next generation of instrument.
· Reports into the Director of Engineering, New Instrument Manufacturing Site Lead
- Prepare site’s operations for the manufacture of the a new instrument
- Manage assembly and testing activities of instrument prototypes
- Manage operations readiness for commercial ramp up of instrument manufacturing
- Communicate operations readiness for instrument launch
- Collaborate with related business partners
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· A thorough understanding of manufacturing management of high complexity, mid to high volume electro mechanical products.
· Experience of working within a regulated industry. (for example FDA).
· 8+ years of successful experience in a directly related field with a demonstrable track record of success.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
· A true understanding of the term “quality comes first”
· The ability to monitor and assess line capacity and capability. Specifically optimizing TAKT and cycle times
· A continuous improvement approach and a World Class manufacturing vision (Lean).
· The tactical and strategic vision to plan ahead and remove road blocks
· A ‘driver’ of production output to meet project demand whilst meeting all compliance requirements
· The ability to use and develop meaningful KPIs that track project progress performance and drive improvements.
· A natural ability to manage and develop a diverse team of personnel with varying skill sets.
· Manage resources and implement manufacturing strategy to achieve output in an efficient, cost effective way.
· The ability to develop an existing team, recruit and grow the manufacturing team and function to meet the business needs
· 10% travel
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Master’s degree in related engineering field
- Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma Certification, a plus
- Project Management Certification, a plus
· Knowledge of SAP ERP systems.
- Strong communication & collaboration, demonstrated ability to effectively manage a team of professionals.