Senior Manager, New Instrument Procurement
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 233966
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Senior Manager, New Instrument Procurement. This is an operational procurement leadership role that will be based at our Flanders, New Jersey facility. The Flanders facility has undergone significant expansion in the last 2 years. This role will lead the site procurement organization to prepare for the manufacture of our new instrument.
Summary of the position.
· Lead the site procurement organization to prepare for the manufacture of our next generation of instrument.
· Key leader as approximately 80% of the cost of the instrument is purchased parts
· Reports into the Director of Engineering, New Instrument Manufacturing Site Lead
- Manage team of 5+ employees
- Drive supplier selection in collaboration with Strategic Procurement
- Drive sourcing activity for components of instrument prototypes
- Manage procurement readiness for commercial ramp up of instrument manufacturing
- Communicate procurement readiness for instrument launch
- Collaborate with related business partners
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· A Degree in a relevant subject area,
· Experience of operational procurement within a hardware manufacturing site.
· A keen focus on supplier Quality, Delivery and cost.
· A passion for key performance metrics, using them to communicate status of the project
· Knowledge of working within a regulated industry (e.g. FDA).
· A strong focus on stock and logistics that ensures material availability at minimum inventory levels.
· Team skills and be able to collaboratively work with peers and other site functions.
· Experience of complex hardware manufacture preferably with in a medical or pharmaceutical environment.
· A thorough understanding of modern delivery mechanisms such as Web-portals, consignment stock, E Kanban and Scheduled call offs.
· SAP experience. In addition, knowledge of SRM and SWP is highly desirable.
· Exceptional knowledge of supply chain management and techniques.
· Strong supplier development, negotiation and relationship skills.
· Good project coordinator skills
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· The ability to develop an existing team of procurement specialists and recruit and grow the procurement team and function to meet the business needs.
· 10% travel
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Professional certification such as CIPS, CPIM or equivalent.
· Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma Certification, a plus
· Project Management Certification, a plus