Fire Alarm Helper
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 233973
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Looking for a rewarding career in Fire Alarm/ Life Safety? Look no further. As an entry level fire alarm helper, you will be:
Working side by side licensed techs learning the trade
- Inspecting Life Safety systems to all current and applicable codes
- Providing detailed documentation of findings
- Installing Life Safety systems. Pulling wire trimming devices and functionally testing.
- Communicating daily with office and customers on status of work
- Punctuality is a must
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
High School Diploma or GED
Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel
- Desire to grow and learn
- Ability to be on your feet all day and the ability to climb a ladder
- Occasional travel may be required
- Require reliable transportation
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Familiar with Life Safety systems
- Working towards a FAL or NICET certification
Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.