Production Line Supervisor - Line 2 and Sub-Assemblies
Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 233975
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
Production Line Supervisor – Line 2 and Sub-Assemblies
Siemens, working together = winning together! Seeking a dynamic Production Line Supervisor for our Northwest Houston, TX area. Candidate must have prior supervisory experience with a proven track record of meeting and exceeding production goals.
The Systems Integration Production Line Supervisor is responsible to direct and coordinate production activities to ensure products & solutions are manufactured on schedule and meet quality standards and cost objectives. Supervise all personnel in the assigned department. The Production Line Supervisor is responsible to assure the effective utilization of resources and personnel with an objective of maximizing production output while maintaining safety, quality and cost standards. This hands-on position will support ongoing manufacturing with a strong emphasis on implementing and sustaining lean process improvements, ensuring process capability, and process repeatability. The Production Line Supervisor will work closely with Production Planner/Scheduler, Supply Chain, Purchasing, Engineering, Quality and Field Service functions to satisfy customer demand.
Direct production in the general and specific assembly of various shelters / racks / cabinets / power/signal enclosures / alarm boxes and other as they may apply, in accordance with drawing and specifications: plan views, elevations, electrical power / signal / communication wiring diagrams, utility piping and tubing schematics, sample conditioning system flow schematics, detailed sample probe drawings, alarm system (relay or PLC) detailed wiring diagrams, and fabrication drawings.
· Directly supervise team leads and craftsmen in the Production Lines 1 and 3 and manage overall production line capacity & utilization
· Assure all products & solutions are fabricated, assembled and shipped as required to meet customer schedules and quality requirements
· Work closely with Production Planner and Project Managers to develop and implement production schedules to meet revenue targets
· Create, monitor and present department metrics on performance, schedule adherence, safety, cost and quality
· Track employee performance and give employee performance reviews at designated intervals
· Continually review workload and evaluate staffing levels
· Follow and implement all company policies and procedures
· Implement and sustain Lean Manufacturing techniques and training on the shop floor including Shop Floor Management, Root Cause Analysis, 5S, etc
· Manage and track several on-going cost savings projects and eliminate non-value-added activities
· Institute process and product improvements resulting in a positive impact on production cycle time, product costs and product quality
· Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow and design layout of equipment and workspace for optimum efficiency and safety using Lean Tools such as VSM, RCA and Takt Time
· Facilitate the development of corrective action plans to resolve and improve performance as it relates to safety, internal quality, delivery, or people behaviors
· Provide technical direction and training for operators performing detailed process steps to ensure that production assemblers, testers, support staff have necessary documentation, tooling and process control capabilities
· Manage production line and tooling cleanliness and maintenance issues as required
· Work independently and employ effective time management skills
· Over-time (including weekend work) as required and travel (less than 10%)
· Provides strategic direction, vision, and leadership to direct reports including coaching, mentoring and developing.
· Conducts yearly and mid-year performance evaluations in cooperation with functional leaders.
· Confers with superiors, subordinates and other personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives.
· Follow all company safety policies and procedures and organizes work areas for efficiency and safety.
· Provides status reports to management and operations as required.
· Respond to change productively and handle other duties as required.
Education & Experience Requirements:
The candidate must be able to communicate complex design requirements with production craftsmen and key customers as required.
Candidate to have working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Basic knowledge of SAP is preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree (Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering preferred).
· Minimum 10 years’ experience with manufacturing processes either as a lead or supervisor
· Minimum 5 years of proven project or team leadership experience demonstrating effective communication skills; written, oral, interpersonal skills
· Production Planning – Capable of level loading a production schedule in made-to-order (custom) business/work environments.
· Troubleshooting and Problem Solving – Knowledgeable of best practices such as DMAIC/8D/Pareto Analysis.
· Proven facilitation ability amongst team to resolve problems, work effectively and promote a teamwork environment
· Significant Experience with Lean Manufacturing and process improvements required; prefer Lean Expert or Toyota Production System.
· Six Sigma Green Belt minimum, strongly preferred
· Technical knowledge of petrochemical / refinery industry a plus
Industry Specific Experience Requirements:
Direct experience in designing modular equipment for customer’s power, signal, communication, piping, and tubing connections.
Specification of electrical equipment including: panelboards, transformers, circuit breakers, lighting, receptacles, disconnect switches.
Ability to specify panelboards and size circuit breakers / conductors for each user that is to be powered.
Manage / supervise / Direct analyzer system integration projects able to read and understand complex plan views, elevations, electrical power / signal, utility piping / tubing, sample conditioning systems, sample probes, and alarm systems (PLCs or Relay Logic).
Working knowledge of codes / standards: NEC, IEC, API, NFPA, ISA
Firm grasp of hazardous area classifications: Class I Division 1, Class I Division 2, ATEX Zone 1, and ATEX Zone 2 electrical areas.
Experience with NEMA 7 electrical equipment for hazardous areas.
Knowledge of analyzers including: Gas Chromatographs, UV/IR Continuous Gas Analyzers, Paramagnetic Continuous Gas Analyzers, FTNIR, CEMS, pH & conductivity, TOC, Zirconium Oxide/ Catalytic Bead stack analyzers.
Knowledge of analyzer applications: process, stack O2/Combustible, CEMS, HRVOC, Subpart Ja.
Working knowledge of signal communications protocol: Modbus, OPC, TCP/IP Ethernet.
Experience in reading / understanding petrochemical or refinery electrical, instrumentation, mechanical, structural specifications.
Experience in reviewing analytical system integration requirements of customer specifications and analyzer data sheets.
Working knowledge of relay logic and PLCs for alarm system applications.
Working knowledge of piping systems including: connection types, component rating, sizing, typical specification requirements.
Working knowledge of valve types and typical applications for each.
Understanding of HVAC equipment – operation, sizing, selection.
Travel: As required, low requirement.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands/fingers to handle equipment and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock when in the production or laboratory areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but due to open production environment noise level may occasionally be high.