Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 233985
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Rail Automation
Siemens Rail Automation supplies railway markets around the world with solutions and turnkey installations for railway automation and telecommunication. Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways all round the world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities. Our products and systems are used for automating our customers' operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation in particular and mobility in general. We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world!
This test engineer would be a part of a test team dedicated to test and validate a high quality product to improve rail safety. Responsibilities within the test team include:
- Creating and implement test cases
- Debugging test cases
- Analyzing and reviewing test cases
- Modifying and developing an API for the internal test environment
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 2-5 years of test experience or similar position
- 1-2 years of software development experience in C++/C
- Experience in continuous integration testing
- Strong attention to detail, an ability to multitask, and an ability to work independently and on a team
- Must be passionate about testing and validating an embedded product.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with embedded real-time applications, and familiarity with multi-threading.
- Experience with IBM RQM
- Knowledge of the testing methods
- Experience with ClearCase or other SCM software
- Experience in Agile
- Experience in Reverse Engineering
- Able to communicate efficiently with a broad cross section of technical and non-technical colleagues
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.