Building TechnologiesBusiness Unit:
Field OperationsRequisition Number:
United States-Massachusetts-CantonAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Mid levelEducation Required Level:
High School Diploma / (GED)Travel Required:
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
The Solutions Construction Operations team has an opening for a Project Coordinator in Canton, MA. This position works closely with the Operations Manager and Project Managers. The goal of the position is to allow Project Managers and Supervisors to focus on job execution while ensuring implementation of our core business processes.
Project Coordinators also act as the focal point for all projects ensuring they move smoothly through all Project Milestones. Project milestones include Project Opening, Detail Planning, Purchasing, Dispatch of Materials and Equipment, Construction and Installation, Commissioning, Project Acceptance, Project Closeout, and Warranty.
The Project Coordinator acts as the alternate point of contact for customers to help ensure overall customer satisfaction.
• Act as a liaison between Customers, Project Managers, Field Technicians, Sales Executives, Engineering and the Financial Business Administration staff.
• Ensure sales booking package is complete.
• Prepare customer training documents.
• Track and process billing approvals, distribution, and vendor submissions.
• Create purchase requisition for subcontractors from finalized subcontractor price & scope.
• Set up subcontractor in SAP by assigning its network, network activity, and delivery date information.
• Tracks material deliveries.
• Monitor monthly claims to ensure Operations Manager approval and submit for processing.
• Verify timesheet submissions for approval through month‐end.
• Ensure all jobs are reviewed relative to job costs, Billing and AR status,
• Ensure Project Cost Claims are reviewed and processed Regularly Run various Project Financial Reports Reviews.
• Siemens PM Milestone sheets and updates Project Milestones in SAP during month close.
• Ensure all closed Projects are billed at 100%.
• Run automated Project closeout process at the Percent of the Complete level.
• Administer Financial Reporting for Operations and Project Managers.
• Schedule weekly meetings manpower meetings.
• Prepare agendas for projects to be turned over, ensure appropriate approvals.
• Process claims, make adjustments in SAP and provide PMs with project documentation upon completion.
• Bachelor's Degree is highly desired, although candidates with at least a High School Diploma (or GED equivalency) and directly related experience will also be considered.
• Previous Project Coordination experience is preferred.
• Experience with Microsoft Project is a plus.
• Must have excellent Microsoft Office Suite experience.
• Must have strong organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to occasionally travel to customer and job‐sites for meetings and support of the on‐site Project Team
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.