Senior Human Resources Generalist
Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 234028
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Marion
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
If you really want to make a difference - make it with Siemens.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
With over 372,000 people working at Siemens, it would be hard to define one single culture. However, we do have values which we like to live by. They're things like providing honest, open feedback, encouraging people to take ownership of projects and supporting entrepreneurialism in the workplace. We like to act as a team at Siemens. We believe if we all work as one, together we can make the world a smarter place.
Siemens Corporation is looking for an experienced Human Resources professional to join its Mobility Division Human Resources team to be located in the Marion, Kentucky area.
This Senior HR
Generalist will have client responsibilities for the Mobility Management
Kentucky location. The Senior HR Generalist will work closely with the
Leadership team and employees managing all site human resources activities.
Candidate must have strong business partnering experience, demonstrated
competencies in leading change along with high collaboration skills. Business
acumen and previous experience in a
highly matrixed manufacturing organization is a plus.
- Partner with managers to develop and implement performance management and employee development programs.
- Implement employee relations strategies designed to create an environment that drives maximum individual and team success.
- Administer, monitor, coordinate, maintain and ensure compliance with areas that may include affirmative action, anti-discrimination, health and safety programs as well as all federal and state laws and regulations.
- Conduct or participate on special investigations, studies, projects and other HR initiatives as needed to meet overall company and department strategic goals and initiatives.
- As required, lead or participate on project teams to develop new policies, programs or tools within the company.
- Anticipate Opportunities
- Influence the thought process
- Be Active/Catalyst for change
- Articulate/Demonstrate Business Expertise
- Take/Utilize the seat at the table
- Act with a sense of urgency on key topics/initiatives
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or Organizational Development a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of human resources generalist experience in manufacturing environment, demonstrating a working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines including employee relations, labor relations, performance management, and management consultation.
- PHR/SPHR certification is preferred.
- The ability to be flexible, self-directed, motivated and able to interact with employees at all levels.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects or tasks while effectively prioritizing to meet deadlines in an ever changing fast-paced environment.
- Ability to successful drive change in the organization
- Must possess above average proficiency in Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Proven ability to research and analyze information
- Ability to use data and information to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with standard, practices, policies, procedures, regulations or government law.
- The proven ability to demonstrate leadership skills, professionalism and team attitude.
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Prior experience working in a matrixed environment a plus.
In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
-A competitive base salary
-Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
-Extensive training along with career development
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.