Senior Transaction Coordinator
Business Unit: Business Operations Americas
Requisition Number: 234034
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Financial Services, Inc. is the U.S. arm of the global Financial Services division of Siemens, (SFS), an international provider of business-to-business financial solutions. SFS helps facilitate investments, providing commercial finance, project and structured finance with specific asset expertise in the energy, healthcare, industry, and infrastructure markets. SFS supports Siemens as well as other companies with their capital needs and acts as an expert manager of financial risks within the Siemens Company. Leveraging its financing expertise and industrial know-how creates value for customers and helps them strengthen their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
SFS US is a financial service company, providing financing
needs to both Siemens and non-Siemens customers. Finance products include
equipment leases as well as Corporate Lending in products such as Cash Flow and
Project Finance in industries such as Energy, Healthcare/Medical and
We are looking for a Senior Leasing/Loan Transaction Coordinator and Closer to support our large ticket Industry and Healthcare Finance business unit. The business is currently originating a broad spectrum of finance products including Tax-Exempt/Municipal leasing, Federal Government leasing, structured loans, real estate loans, real construction loans and complex equipment leases with some specialization in aircraft, rail and maritime. The role would be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate documentation and closing of such transactions. Additionally, the candidate will work closely with multiple cross-functional teams including Sales, Risk, Legal (Inside & Outside Counsel), Pricing, Tax and Asset Management.
• In depth knowledge of lease and loan documentation and the ability to understand and interpret contractual clauses as they apply to booking, buyouts, insurance requirements, and end of term options.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. The ability to communicate ideas and concepts clearly and concisely.
• Strong people skills with the ability to build good working relationships with both internal and external clients.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Coordinate the closing process of all transactions ensuring that all Terms & Conditions are satisfactorily met, and pricing runs are obtained and accurate. Collateral filings including UCCs, Insurance, Titles and coordination with FAA/Maritime/Surface Transportation Board counsel for specialized security filings (if applicable) are all completed accurately and timely.
• Demonstrate and apply comprehensive knowledge of finance products and documentation specialization. Experienced in concepts, practices, and procedures for complex lease and loan documentation.
• Manage overall communication processes to the teams regarding status, issues and changes.
• Prepare and complete documentation for highly structured transactions. Work with customer to manage negotiations and/or act as liaison between counsel and customer to finalize documentation.
• Review all internally and externally prepared documentation to ensure accuracy.
• Utilize advanced skills to solve complex problems and display high levels of critical thinking to bring successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems.
• Participate in pipeline calls/meetings to establish closing calendar for Operations.
• Work with treasury functions for the purposes of reserving funds and processing outgoing payments.
• Ensure all processes are in compliance with Siemens internal policies.
•Structure and book transactions in accounting systems (Cassiopae, LoanIQ).
•Escrow account management: review disbursement requisitions, track account balances and expirations, ensure disbursements are processed timely by the escrow agent bank.
•Portfolio maintenance activities and customer service including buy-out quotes, payment reconciliations, portfolio documentation, invoicing/billing and collections, insurance/UCC/lien maintenance.
• Identify process improvements, focused on providing optimal customer service and process efficiencies, as well as eliminating opportunities for process failures, and assist with the solutioning.
•Maintain electronic documentation library in SharePoint and KnowledgeLake. Organize and manage documentation files.
Qualifications (include education):
• 4 Year College Degree, in Business Administration, Finance or related preferred
• 7-10 years Operations experience in structured commercial leases and project finance loans preferably large ticket, highly structured transactions ranging from $5M-$50M
• Thorough knowledge of equipment lease and loan transaction documentation and a good understanding of lease and loan transaction structures.
• Cassiopae and Loan IQ systems preferred