Senior Fire Sprinkler Inspector
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 234046
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Morrisville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
tasks on Fire and Sprinkler Life Safety systems. Tasks to include minor repair,
as well as visual and functional testing on fire alarm systems sprinkler risers
and field devices in accordance with all national and local standards. Maintains
complete and accurate documentation of all tests performed.
Experience in fire
alarm and sprinkler testing preferred. Basic knowledge of fire alarm circuitry,
associated, low voltage systems, and sprinkler system layout is preferred.
Responsible for providing
inspection, testing and preventive maintenance service for fire sprinkler
equipment to comply with NFPA25 Standards as well as state and local codes; completing
required documentation including deficiency repair recommendations; performing
and/or coordinating work for compliance.
• Minimum 2 years experience performing fire sprinkler inspection, testing and maintenance service.
• Must have working knowledge of sprinkler controls, alarm panels, devices and critical components.
• Fire pump and/or fire backflow prevention device inspection and testing experience highly desired.
• Experience with fire alarm systems is preferred. Knowledge of fire alarm circuitry, associated low voltage systems and basic fire alarm maintenance capabilities is a plus.
• NICET Level II Certificated in Sprinkler Inspection and Testing. (Equivalent experience will be considered if candidate is pursuing NICET Level II Certification.)
•Strong working knowledge of life safety and NFPA codes.
• Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces and above ceilings.
Must have working
knowledge of Wet, Dry, Pre-Action and Deluge Sprinkler Systems and layout. Must
have working knowledge of sprinkler controls, alarm panels, devices and
Fire pump and/or fire backflow prevention device inspection and testing experience highly desired.
Experience with fire alarm systems is preferred. Knowledge of fire alarm circuitry, associated low voltage systems and basic fire alarm maintenance capabilities is a plus.
A.S. degree in
Electronics or related field, or equivalent experience in the installation and
maintenance of low voltage electronic systems. 5 years in the installation and
maintenance of Fire Safety Products. NICET Certification Requirements.
(National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technology) Level II- Fire
Alarm Certification required. Minimum 2 years experience performing fire
sprinkler inspection, testing and
maintenance service. Strong customer service skills. Good verbal and written communications skills. Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted. Must have valid state drivers license.