J-1 International Intern - Automatic Planning and Scheduling for Autonomous Systems
Business Unit: Corporate Technology
Requisition Number: 234064
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
J-1 International Intern – Automatic Planning and Scheduling for autonomous systems
Are you interested in driving the revolution from automated to autonomous systems in real industrial applications?
Here’s the right internship opportunity for you!
Join our research group Autonomous Systems and Control located in Princeton, NJ, for a 3 – 9-month internship, and investigates new planning and scheduling building blocks for autonomous systems in diverse application areas such as advanced manufacturing in smart factories, intelligent transportation systems, and robotics. Our close contact to different business units in Siemens provides the opportunity to contribute to and gain experience in real industrial applications. During this internship, you will experience the excitement and challenges of industrial research. An internship with Siemens Corporate Technology is a great opportunity for international students to gain real world experience in a diverse work environment in the US. Have a look at our recent Picture of the Future dossiers on Autonomous Systems to get an overview of Siemens’ recent developments in this area.
Our Princeton facility is recognized for providing a stimulating environment for highly talented and self-motivated students. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems. Our team has a strong publication record in leading journals and conferences.
- You will contribute to industrial research projects on planning and scheduling for autonomous systems with applications in manufacturing and/or robotic swarms
- You will collaborate and exchange ideas with experts in the fields of planning and scheduling
- You will implement concepts and solutions in prototypes.
What skills are needed to qualify for this internship?
- A current or recently graduated MSc or PhD student pursuing a degree in Engineering or Mathematics
- Profound knowledge of different planning and scheduling algorithms
- Experience in advanced algorithm prototyping
- Good programming knowledge in MATLAB and C++, e.g. writing reusable code
- Practical experience in research on planning and scheduling preferred
- Domain knowledge in manufacturing or robotic swarms preferred
- Excellent team working and communication (verbal & written) skills in English
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic, interdisciplinary team of experts
Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs
Please note: This posting is for J-1 International Intern candidates only. If you are currently enrolled in a university in the United States and are interested in an internship with Siemens USA, please view and apply to our other internship opportunities.