Fire Alarms Service Technician - Detroit, MI
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 234074
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Plymouth
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Primarily responsible for managing Fire Alarm & Security projects. Manages multiple projects (system project migrations, system integration between multiple systems) from pre-booking to customer acceptance. Supervises, directs and motivates the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, startup, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects. Ensures customer satisfaction during and at final project completion. Performs technical service to customer s Fire Life Safety systems to ensure that they are maintained in accordance with NFPA standards and local AHJ requirements. Provides technical support and executes the software programming and implementation of fire alarm and security moves, adds and changes (MAC) projects. Provides on-site coordination for electrical installation of fire alarm and security components. Responsible for the coordination of final fire inspections and functional performance testing with the AHJ and/or commissioning of security systems.
- Participates in pre-bid reviews, pre-job walks and scoping and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout. Analyzes available documentation, plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements. Follows up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of job scope.
- Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team. Provides management as necessary to monitor progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
- Prepares or oversees preparation of engineering re-estimate reports. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs. Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
- Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other services.
- Participates in job site final walk-thru and manages the completion of all close-out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions; transfers or excess materials; billings, collections and payments; and all project records.
- Independently or as part of a team, completes the regularly scheduled test and inspections of commercial fire alarm systems.
- Conducts testing for complex fire alarm inspections requiring multiple field personnel.
- Identifies and reports all system discrepancies found during inspections, identifying code and non-conformance issues as well as system upgrade opportunities, and assists in field pricing of repairs.
- Documents all service activities and enters time worked daily through mobile reporting tool.
- Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
- Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner.
- Responsible for performing fire alarm discrepancy repairs for items identified during test and inspections.
- Also responsible for responding to emergency service call for the troubleshooting and repair for assigned customers fire alarm systems.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- A.S. degree in Electronics or related field, or equivalent experience in the installation and maintenance of Fire Alarm systems, card access systems, and CCTV systems.
- 2+ years previous Project Management experience.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills. Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Must have valid state drivers license in good standing, and must be at least 21years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Existing NICET certification preferred.
- FA1 preferred
- Experience in the installation and maintenance of Fire Safety products.