Service Technician - HVAC Controls - Detroit
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 234075
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Plymouth
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
· Participates in semi-complex equipment installation, trial runs, investigative tests, repairs and overhauls.
· Participates in training customers on semi-complex products and services. Performs semi-complex maintenance on automation systems and submits documents on all installations, inspections, maintenance and repair work, and failures.
· Participates in responding to semi-complex service or systems calls.
· Participates in the assessment of semi-complex product/equipment performance based on field support data and recommends modifications or improvements.
· Performs technical support programs (TSP) / service agreement tasks and scheduled assignments to ensure that building automation system is properly maintained and operating correctly.
· Handles emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours. Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved and checks and tests systems components.
· Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action and repairs system.
· Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to TSP / service agreement contracts. Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
· Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time & material work, system upgrades and service contact expansion. Prices, proposes and proceeds with new work as per issued guidelines.
· Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, and troubleshooting and installation instructions. Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
· May coordinate with other trades at job site as required. Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
· Completes and submits timesheets, expenses, safety logs and other necessary information timely.
· If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
· Works with other branch, company or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem
· Participates in job site final walk and / or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs.
· Conducts training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch.
· Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable
· Participates in On call Service.
· Must have knowledge in servicing Honeywell, JCI, Tridium, Distek.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· HS diploma or equivalent.
· 5+ years DDC Controls engineering or service experience or 2 yrs Service Specialist II experience required.
· Knowledge of automation systems, HVAC, electrical concepts, and building operations required.
· Skilled in programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting required.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel. Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills. Ability to work as part of a team or alone
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associates degree in Electronics or related field.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,