Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 234079
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Rural Hall
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering
excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than
165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is
organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and
optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil &
gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind
turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able
to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the
lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and
For more information, please visit:
Manufacturing Engineer Rural Hall, NC
You will provide technical mentorship and direction to the shop floor by providing work instructions, answer technical questions related to repairability of turbine components, work closely work professionals to drive improvements and act as a technical leader collaborating with external and internal partners. You will collaborate with the operations manager in the manufacturing repair area.
- You will drive process improvements in the repair area
- Provide repair instructions to shop floor
- Collaborate with Customer service, Repair engineers, and customers to provide technical feedback.
- Actively engage with shop floor personnel and seek their input in making decisions.
- Build and compile technical reports for customers
- Provide recommendations in tooling design
- Provide process expertise in any of the following - welding, brazing, non conventional machining.
- Use industrial engineering tools to evaluate manufacturing systems and recommend improvements.
- Use statistical tools to drive quality and provide insights for leading change.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors degree in engineering required with major in industrial, manufacturing, mechanical or materials engineering preferred.
- Significant manufacturing experience in Gas Turbine Repair or Aerospace manufacturing may be substituted for an engineering degree.
- Prior experience in design/manufacturing of gas turbine components is a beneficial
- Prior lean manufacturing experience is helpful and knowledge of CAD/CAM software.
- Should be very proficient in Microsoft office tools SAP knowledge is a plus
- You will be required to travel up to 10%
- 5+ years of meaningful experience
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed.
Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we would like to meet you.