Sr. Project Control Engineer- Orlando
Business Unit: Energy Solutions
Requisition Number: 234089
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
The Project Controls Engineer is the center of contact for all project scheduling and project controls relevant topics. The PCE works close with all project stakeholders mainly with project management, Engineering, procurement and site execution.
The PCE prepares and maintain an overall project scheduling environment to enable the project decision makers to act to the benefit for the project results.
- Develop of EPC integrated project schedules based on CPM; perform schedule updates and reviews; advise project team of potential project exposures and opportunities.
- Develop EPC project proposal schedules; perform scenarios: work close with the proposal project team and provide potential risks and opportunities for the bidding
- Maintain open communication with site staff and home office to ensure that all phases of the integrated schedule are updated (Engineering / Procurement / Construction & Commissioning); maintain oversight of the structure, maintenance, and validity of the project integrated schedule; provide schedule overview and analysis to project team.
- Provide forward looking schedule analysis, in order to identify schedule risks; make recommendations relating to schedule related risk mitigations, and demonstrate project impact by incorporating into the integrated project schedule.
- Conduct performance/resource loaded measurement activities, which include generation of curves earned value analysis, forecasting and other project performance metrics, per established processes and procedures; develop performance trending patterns.
- Generate reports required for input into monthly project review packages; provide custom reports as needed for project team or customer.
- Assist in the review of contracts, identify and comment on customer contract specific requirements related to schedule deliverables.
- Provide schedule development support to project proposal group, as needed.
- Position may involve extensive travel, and foreign or domestic on-site assignment for duration of projects.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors Degree within engineering industry
- 8 years of industrial plant/large commercial plant EPC integrated schedule development experience.
- 4 years of experience in full life cycle EPC combined cycle power plant project schedule development using standard scheduling tools (P6).
- Experienced in providing full time on site schedule support for at least two combustion turbine or industrial plant projects, during all or most of the project construction and commissioning phases.
- Broad knowledge of engineering deliverables required in support of project procurement and erection activities.
- Broad knowledge of construction means and methods associated with plant construction.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Program (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to travel up to 20% Domestic/International- May fluctuate depending on business needs within jobsites to provide on-site project support, which may include full time site assignment.
- Position may require full time onsite job assignments (for duration of project) within domestic and international market.
- Proficiency with P6 software functions and capabilities.
- Knowledge in delay analysis and claims management
- Knowledge of Combustion Turbine plant erection sequence.
- Flexibility to work on job site on per business needs