Product Engineer 2 - Reliability
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 234115
Primary Location: United States-New York-Tarrytown
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
This position requires 2-5 years of experience in root cause investigation and analysis for complex electromechanical systems. Excellent analytical skills and knowledge of proven problem solving techniques as well as the ability to fully document your work to a high standard and in a timely manner. Experience in medical diagnostics industry is highly preferred. A candidate should be hands on and have desire to work in an R&D laboratory environment.
Bachelor's degree (B.S./BEng/BSc) in Reliability, Electrical, Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering.
Minimum Two (2) to Five (5) years of experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Actively work in an R&D laboratory performing root cause investigations and analysis for new or existing products. The candidate will be responsible to Investigate failures and identify where the failure originated and record detailed documentation.
- The position requires experience with operation and testing of electro-mechanical systems. The candidate must have component and system engineering aptitude (mechanical, electrical, software operator interactions). Use basic hand tools and electrical equipment (screw drivers, hand drills, multimeter, etc.)
- The candidate must have the ability to troubleshooting a variety of software application issues, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to work with system logs and effectively parse pertinent data. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong understanding of Microsoft Excel to support data analysis.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures. Ability to write reports. Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills expected. Possess a high-level of self-motivation and ability to work on a team. Ability to effectively manage time, organize and prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments is necessary and a positive attitude.
- The candidate must have the ability to physically stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs. This position is estimated at 80% active. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, sit and bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The candidate should be able to travel up to 20% of the time across R&D sites.