Warehouse Coordinator - Mount Prospect, IL
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 234116
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Mount Prospect
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
The warehouse coordinator is responsible for all shipping and receiving activities at the branch warehouse as well as the management and upkeep of the warehouse environment. The warehouse coordinator reports into the regional manager or the warehouse supervisor (if applicable). Additionally, the warehouse coordinator will have daily interaction with branch staff, and acts as a service provider to branch operations – thereby taking some local direction from operations management.
Job responsibilities and activities include (but are not limited to) the following:
receiving inbound deliveries, moving parts and materials into inventory and/or job stock, picking parts and materials for outbound deliveries, processing all transactions in SAP according to standard procedure, creating shipping papers using the preferred carriers’ software application, supporting the service van parts replenishment process, keeping accurate inventory levels and participating in the inventory count process as dictated by policy/procedure, executing the goods return procedure for the branch, communicating with internal parties to coordinate delivery of parts and materials to meet project/service demand, retaining documentation necessary for follow-up and proof of delivery and inventory, general housekeeping of the warehouse, enforcing and maintain safety in the warehouse, adhering to standard warehouse guidelines, and following the Siemens' policies.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· High School Diploma
· Detail oriented, accurate and organized
· Computer skills a must – Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook),
· SAP experience – IM and WM modules
· Good written and verbal communication
· Material handling skills/experience – movement of parts and materials (in boxes) using the appropriate handling equipment
· Experience using a forklift (certification needed)
· Safety first attitude
· Customer service approach – responsive and thorough
· Self-directed – ability to work independently (supervised remotely)
Remove if VISA sponsorship is available
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Remove if Vehicle plan not included:
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associates or Bachelors Degree
- 3 years experience working in a warehouse in a material handling and logistics function
- Variety of supply chain management experience
- Experience working with cross-functions (e.g. project managers, service technicians)
- Customer service experience
· SAP experience – other SCM related modules (Purchasing, Accounting, Planning, etc.)