Dispatching Operator - Customer Service/Field Support - Garfield Heights, OH
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 234143
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Garfield Heights
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
· Responds to incoming inquiries and/or requests regarding products and/or services. Supports customers by providing information while providing efficient and courteous service.
· Participates in investigating and resolving semi-complex problems. Supports order tracking, and scheduling.
· Effectively coordinates and schedules branch service activities and resources to ensure customer expectations and commitments are met while delivering high quality service to assigned product lines. Provides support, information, prioritization and coordination of assignments for field service personal.
· Serves as the main point of contact for all service customers to ensure expectations are being met. Proactively follows-up with customer after completion of service visit to ensure a high level of satisfaction with quality of work received.
· Coordinates monthly quality assurance efforts of appropriate branch personnel. Handles decisions regarding the scheduling and movement of manpower and material. Schedules and dispatches field labor force to meet customer requests and expectations based upon nature of call, urgency, contractual obligation, available resources and customer needs.
· Ensures all service requests and dispatches are well documented, coordinated, prioritized and organized. Reviews, processes and distributes all service documentation including service orders, timesheets, packing slips, purchase orders, accounts payable vouchers, MTO's and/or RMTR's as assigned.
· Also assists in processing credit memos and collections. Assists in project profitability through cost containment procedures and processes. Maintains timely set up and completeness of related job folders as assigned. Utilizes, maintains and updates all employee, service call and customer information in SAP.
· Utilizes, where appropriate, all features including but not limited to service reporting, time stamping, TSP planning and scheduling, etc. May be responsible for non-installed parts sales including processing orders, pricing and invoicing.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· High School or GED. 2-5 years experience in customer service call handling, dispatching and service response in a related or technical industry required.
· Good organizational, interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
· Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office and business software systems (i.e. SAP)
· Demonstrates basic knowledge of a specialty area.
· Typically, 2-5 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.