00033002-Legal Counsel - Senior
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 234159
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Wilsonville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Doctorate Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
Senior Legal Counsel
Senior Legal Counsel, will handle matters of high risk, high complexity or high visibility within the company, e.g., projects with severe financial consequences, complex intellectual property rights issues, new business or licensing models, matters of high sensitivity or matters which could impact Siemens’ reputation.
Will conduct legal research and advise the company on appropriate legal action to be taken; prepare documents to support the same. Draft complex legal agreements and templates, and negotiate high stakes legal agreements and disputes. Advise on and coordinate legal matters handled by outside counsel. Work on matters of high sensitivity and complexity. Participate in, or lead, projects and initiatives of the Legal department. Participate as a member of the business staff of an executive business partner. Operate under moderate to minimal supervision.
• Provides senior level legal support and counsel to the company.
• Reviews, drafts and negotiates contracts and other legal documents.
• Gives legal advice with respect to the affairs of the company; anticipates and guards against legal risks involving the company.
• Participates in legal matters and/or actions of the most sensitive and highly complex nature.
Skills and Abilities Required:
• Excellent knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to corporations in general and high-tech companies in specific.
• Ability to exercise judgment expected of a junior partner in a law firm.
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work effectively and lead groups in a culturally diverse global environment.
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
• Legal degree and license to practice as a lawyer in an applicable jurisdiction required.
• Minimum of 5 years of legal experience required.
• Ideal candidate will have experience in intellectual property law, cloud services and/or government contracts