Quality Inspector A
Business Unit: Mechanical Drives
Requisition Number: 234166
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Elgin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: No
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
The QA Inspector performs the inspection of mechanical components for industrial gear units, specifically components from dis-assembled units in preparation for rebuild/service.
· Perform inspection on main components of gearboxes.
· Define damages on the inspected parts to give the proper disposition.
· Gather detailed evidence of the damages to justify disposition.
· Perform and interpret dimensional inspection reports.
· Creation of formal inspection reports documenting the inspection findings.
· Handle of specific software used for QA purposes.
· Participates in problem solving to improve efficiency of inspections.
· Contributes to the goal setting for specific projects, as required.
· Maintain documentation compliant with the ISO regulations.
· Support to production in Quality related issues.
· Manage priorities in order to meet business needs.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Experience with measuring equipment and reading mechanical drawings
· Experience working with gearboxes
· Knowledge of methods used in the assembly of gear units
· Ability to effectively prioritize multiple demands
· Experience working with cranes and focus on safe work practices.
· Ability to work independently and in teams
· Strong communication and organizational skills
· Team oriented
Remove if VISA sponsorship is available
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.