Business Unit: Rolling Stock
Requisition Number: 234191
Primary Location: United States-Florida-West Palm Beach
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
For more information, please visit:
Our Commissioning Technician will work in an experienced team and exciting environment on next generation diesel locomotives. Our locomotives are connecting cities all over the United States and we are working together with the customer on Site to achieve the main goals for the warranty period. You will be mainly responsible for troubleshooting, repairing and improving the product to achieve a high customer satisfaction and reliability.
- Communicate in a team, to the site lead and colleagues, verbally and in writing, technical information, job procedure recommendations, improvements and other work-related information.
- Perform, with the use of mechanical drawings, schematics and location circuit plans, electrical and mechanical repairs of various components
- Diagnose electrical malfunctions in locomotive control circuits and components, assess the nature of problems, and identify corrective action needed.
- Work with shop machines and hand tools.
- Understand and follow company and industry safety rules, practices, and procedures.
- Read, interpret and understand written or electronic information, maintain the information, and compile reports
- Use laptops with subsystem software to troubleshoot various systems onboard the locomotives.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma (or GED)
- Minimum 5 years experiences in relevant field
- Strong electrical skills in reading electrical schematic
- Must be proficient in reading and working with electrical, pneumatic, mechanical circuit diagrams to troubleshooting failures in the affected system
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in team
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Technical Diploma
- Always looking for continuous improvement
- Field Service or Operations experience preferably in the railroad industry
- Strong communication skills
- Decision making skills