Project Controls Engineer - Scheduling
Business Unit: Rolling Stock
Requisition Number: 234194
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
The Mobility Division of Siemens AG is the global market leader for mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and ecofriendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people around the globe. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers unrivaled value-added in the rail sector. Our intelligent mobility solutions increase the availability of infrastructure, optimize throughput and create a new quality of passenger experience. We call this Ingenuity for Life.
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
In this position, you will contribute as part of the Operations and Project Management teams responsible for managing complex Plant-wide Manufacturing schedules (with Engineering and Procurement elements) for advanced Rail Vehicle Projects. You will be responsible for driving the specific manufacturing departments and/or projects to meet the Master Schedule by developing, tracking, and maintaining complex master schedules for projects multiple projects. You would also be involved in many planning aspects related to, capacity planning, process improvements, lean manufacturing, engineering, and supply chain management. You will be involved in high level strategic planning, forecasting and bid preparation. You will work with Management at various levels and prepare and present schedule and workload data on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to shop floor management to executive management.
- Manage development, tracking, and reporting of complex plant schedules, based on inputs from functional department managers.
- Be able to have micro and macro level understanding of issues related to plant performance, forecasts, issues and trends.
- Be involved in the development of plant wide master schedules (key team member).
- Be able to simplify problems to determine impacts.
- Pro-actively drive operations managers and the broader team for mitigations and recoveries.
- Development of reports for cross-functional departments to monitor schedule performance at various levels with respect to baselines and factory manpower loading.
- Coordinate and regulate various meetings such as project progress reviews with various levels of management.
- Become a subject matter expert by driving the team to overcome roadblocks or delays through using various methods such as industry related knowledge, innovating short cuts or alternative ways, improvising plans to meet targets and the like.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Required education: Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field.
- Required experience: 1+ years of experience in Industrial, Mechanical or Civil Engineering, Project Management, or Manufacturing Planning/Controls.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Demonstrate strong Excel and Computer skills required.
- Required travel: 5% or less.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Preferred education: Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field preferred (e.g. Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar) with an interest in Project Management/Project Controls.
- Experience with scheduling software such as Primavera in a manufacturing or construction environment preferred but not required.
- Understanding of manufacturing/operations processes preferred.
- Knowledge of Primavera software is preferred but not required.
- Understanding of the Rail / Rolling Stock / Heavy Manufacturing Industry is a plus.