MindSphere Advanced Cloud Platform Support Engineer - Charlotte, NC
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 234215
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
MindSphere Advanced Cloud Platform Support Engineer – Charlotte, NC
As part of the Siemens PLM Mindsphere organization, this position makes significant contributions towards the availability and stability of the Mindsphere platform. As a Support Engineer you will have key responsibilities in defining, planning, implementing, and operating processes that meet or exceed the service level agreement and CI/CD
To catch our excitement watch the MindSphere video below!
* Be part of maintaining a 24x7, global, highly available SaaS environment according to internal and external service levels agreements.
* Ensure the production environment is operating optimally and detect when they are not meeting their availability targets.
* Provide incident response, escalation, and resolution
* Provide escalated support for high severity and critical infrastructure events.
* Drive rapid recovery efforts during incidents
* Via monitoring and analytic tools, provide a holistic view of the environment and make recommendations to improve overall operations.
* Investigate all productions incidents, provide root cause analysis, and recommend preventative solutions.
* Identify areas for improvements to source code management, deployment, operations, maintenance, cost control, security, monitoring, and audit tools and processes.
* Contribute to Operations strategy planning, design, implementation, and maintenance activities.
* Manage a service critical codebase with version control using Git including Gitlab, or Github
* Bachelor’s Degree with at least 3+ years of IT experience (1+ years with Master’s Degree) or equivalent experience.
* 4+ years experience with cloud platforms (AWS/Azure/Alibaba); specific areas include monitoring, logging, security, networking.
* 2+ years experience with operations and production support; incident management processes.
* Senior level system administration experience, including troubleshooting, support, mentorship/training, and oversight
* Tooling: Terraform, Gitlab, Gitlab-CI, Jira, Confluence, or equivalent tools
* Cloud monitoring tools: CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Graphana, Kibana,
Cloudability, or equivalent tools
* Ability to manage goals, track milestones and report on status
* Act as a technical resource for a variety of information security projects that arise from current business and technological developments
* 2+ years experience with open source tools (Linux, Python, Git, Ansible).
* 2+ years experience with full-stack development of web interface applications
* 2+ years of Linux administration & troubleshooting
* 2+ years scripting - shell, python, etc.
* 2+ years experience with system automation at enterprise level, distributed environments
* Extensive experience managing network monitoring systems, backup systems, and configuration management systems
* Strong base for software architecture and design including inter-process communications, asynchronous processing, micro-services, message queueing, interfaces, and API development
* Experience with design, develop, and configuration of information security tools.
* Experience with SOC compliance