Manufacturing Supervisor - 2nd Shift (Charlotte)
Business Unit: Large Gas Turbines, Generators
Requisition Number: 234245
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Other
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services. Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime. For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/powergeneration- services.html
As a Manufacturing Supervisor opportunity you will be working 4 days/10 hours second shift schedule that requires the successful candidate to manage all aspects of the Hot Gas Parts and Compressor Components manufacturing areas within the Siemens Energy Products Division.
Ensure safe work practices are followed by all manufacturing personnel. Inform the employees of deficiencies and violations and take corrective action, if necessary, to ensure that procedures and practices are being followed. Assist in maintaining OSHA compliance on the plant floor, ensuring safety is a top priority in all aspects of the business.
- Study daily operating results, meet daily with employees, and consult with supervisors on solutions to production problems. Ensure that problems have been corrected. Maintain cooperation between departments.
- Ensure correct distribution of staff, maintain employee training records and scheduling of training sessions to keep certifications and qualifications up to date. Coordinate temporary staff requirements and support the hiring of new staff.
- Authorize and evaluate the overtime requirement for Production employees.
- Assist in mediation of personnel problems and conduct disciplinary action when required.
- Monitor customer production requirements and coordinate schedule adjustments when required.
- Monitor and ensure documentation of employee attendance records.
- Evaluate production reports and metrics, make adjustments that positively impact the results and establish short and mid-term goals.
- Responsible for reviewing performance against operating plans and standards.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associates Degree or equivalent work related experience
- 3+ years of manufacturing industry experience
- 1 year of lead/supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of MRP (Materials Requirement and Planning) and Quality Control systems
- Experience working in fast pace and multi-tasking environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products to include EXCEL, WORD and Outlook
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels
- Ability to resolve resolutions and provide effective leadership from a technical and employment environment
- Must have experience in continuous improvement/lean activities that meet operational excellence
- Proven production management skills and experience
- Experience making impromptu decisions to allocate production resources that impact customer delivery
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- SAP experience
- Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and 5S
- 3+ years of direct supervisory experience
- Technical knowledge in Machining, Welding, Assembly and/or other processes related to manufacturing a highly engineered product line