Financial Reporting Analyst
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 234250
Primary Location: United States-South Carolina-Roebuck
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Industry is looking for a motivated Financial Reporting Analyst for their Roebuck, SC location. The individual will contribute to the financial reporting, analysis, planning, and forecasting of the Energy Management, LP US, Roebuck facility.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities. Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? Apply now.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
- Month end closing process to include journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Monthly rolling forecast and Annual budgeting process: cost center planning, P&L.
- Prepare variance analysis, monthly forecasts and detailed financial analysis of multiple product lines.
- Ability to build “bridge” for variance analysis and comparison of year over year and actual to forecast results.
- Support strategic and operational processes, including cost support to plant.
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis in support Plant Controller, Plant Manager and Divisional personnel.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Typically BS in Accounting or Finance. Degree may be substituted for experience
- Strong knowledge of financial cost and managerial accounting
- Solid understanding of annual budgeting and rolling forecast process
- Advanced in MS Excel (VLOOKUPS, Pivot Tables, Macros)
- Basic understanding of other Microsoft products (Outlook, Live Meeting, Word and PowerPoint)
- Strong collaboration skills to manage multiple stakeholders (Plant and Corporate)
- Ability to effectively manage deadlines, prioritize and multi-task
- Understanding drivers of productivity growth, and cost saving initiatives.
- Self-motivated individual who requires and prefers little guidance from manager
- Effective communication and presentation skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of SAP (FI/CO)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.