Sr. Manager Strategic Marketing, Automation and Digitalization
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 234261
Primary Location: United States-New York-Tarrytown
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
- Identifying differentiated innovation ideas for Automation and Diagnostics IT portfolio, aligning execution and roadmap with PLM.
- Identifying acquisition and partnering opportunities to accelerate Automation & Diagnostics IT market differentiation.
- Aligning the division’s IT portfolio strategy with broader Siemens Healthineers’ Digital Services strategy.
- Leading the assigned Automation and Diagnostics IT portfolio strategy initiatives by conducting full assessment of alternatives and making recommendations.
- Optimize market segmentation and targeting of Automation and IT within broader Siemens customer segments.
- Represent Lab Diagnostics division and the clinical lab needs in Siemens Healthineers’ broader Digital Services business horizontal.
- Working with global product managers and global marketing managers to align and to develop joint portfolio strategies and develop priorities.
- Analyze and document competitive strategic moves and market trends for Automation and Diagnostics IT portfolio, influence product roadmap priorities:
- Sense customer needs and market trends.
- Analyze competitors’ portfolios and products.
- Align long-term Auto/IT portfolio roadmaps with broader company divisions.
- Assist in prioritizing product development and product health investments.
- Interface with strategic innovation and strategic planning.
- Identify innovation ideas to enhance overall portfolio.
- Develop content for global marketing material and sales tools for Automation and IT.
- Support in writing business plans for new products.
- Support in continuous innovation of Automation and IT business model.
- Support industry events and tradeshows as Automation and IT industry expert.
- Participate in strategic Automation/IT cross-team projects.
Strategic thinking and the capability to develop, communicate, and champion the strategic vision for the business.
Deep understanding of the clinical laboratory industry and the clinical laboratory’s workflow.
Technical capacity to understand the advanced applications of Automation and IT products and the value that they offer to our customers.
Market research skills to determine customer needs, market drivers and business opportunities.
Proven experience and ability to conduct strategic assessments and driving objective recommendations to management team.
Leadership and team-building skills.
BS/BA in related disciplines.
Minimum 8 years’ experience in sales or marketing.
Approximately 20% travel required.
MBA or relative advanced degree is highly preferred.
Experience in either healthcare workflow consulting, or service are highly preferred.
Experience in managing cross-functional teams.
Certification in Lean Six Sigma.
Experience with ‘systems’ business model (versus ‘product’ business model).