Service Project Manager - Automation/HVAC Controls - Chantilly, VA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 234285
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Chantilly
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, and budgeting activities and financial reports concerned with new construction or retrofit projects. The Project Manager participates in the conceptual development of a project and oversees its organization, scheduling, and implementation.
Participates in pre-bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout. Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements. Follows up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of job scope.
· Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team. Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
· Prepares or oversees preparation of engineering re-estimate reports. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs. Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
· Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other services.
· Participates in job site final walk thru and manages the final building automation inspection and the completion of all close out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions, transfers or excess materials, billings, collections and payments, and all project records.
· Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications. Confer with engineering and specialists’ supervisors to discuss such matters as work procedures, scope-and-scheduling and work sequence, project-specific safety plans, etc.
· Work with our internal Financial Business Administration (FBA) team to manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the customer.
· Communicate effectively with customers/contractors during the project.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· BS/BA in a technical field, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Strong knowledge of the building automation industry (specifically DDC) fundamentals and business operations; excellent contracting skills; an understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects; strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
· Previous project management experience.
· Typically 2+ years project management experience.
· Great communication skills.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· SAP and PMCT experience a Plus.