SR Product Engineer - Wire Harness Design
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 234312
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Other Locations: United States-New York-Tarrytown
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
- Design and release wire harness assemblies for new product development using a variety of tools, including Mentor Graphics Capital Harness Systems (CHS), NX, and Teamcenter.
- Work with cross-functional teams in Scrums and fast moving Sprint schedules.
- Work in the Design Engineering Electrical Engineering Function for the ECAD Department.
- Must be self-motivated and take the initiative to assist where help is needed.
- Demonstrate Leadership and technical skills associated with the role level.
- CHS Logic, HarnessXC, FormboardXC.
- Teamcenter data management.
- May be required to travel to other sites as needed.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 5 years working in a CAD environment.
- At least 3 years with harness design experience, CHS preferred.
- Experience with PLM workflows and strong knowledge of design tools such as Teamcenter, NX.
- Proficient with NX Routing module.
- Working knowledge of IPC-WHMA-A-620.
- CHS Design experience is preferred.
- Proficient user in Teamcenter Unified Architecture.
- Familiar with SAP and Scrum.
- Knowledge of mechanical design processes in a medical instrument design environment.