Business Unit: Digital Grid Solutions & Services
Requisition Number: 234320
Primary Location: United States-California-Foster City
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Responsible for the performance controlling and accounting functions of the business. Develops, leads, and controls business functional budgets and forecasts working directly with BU and functional management. Runs aspects of projects within and between functional groups. Analyzes, identifies, interprets, and evaluates complex financial, accounting, cost, and trend reports in order to improve processes and financial performance. Works with internal BU management, division management, headquarters, and external entities to identify and implement improvements in methods, procedures, and processes to reduce costs. Directs the preparation of standard reporting and analysis of cost/profit trends from the financial statements. Proactively identifies financial issues, defines causes and forms conclusions to present to the business partners involved. Ensures that systems, procedures, and reports are in compliance with company policies and applicable regulations. Track progress and provide assistance for productivity activities. Leads a team of financial analysts to accomplish department goals and objectives.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Monthly report generation and packaging of financial income statement, cash flow statement, and balance sheet for the eMeter business, including ESPRIT and COPA validations.
- Play integral part in forecasting and planning process to drive accuracy and satisfy all BU requirements
- Lead the annual budgeting process to satisfy all Division and BU requirements
- Perform various strategic and operational analysis to continue to develop business
- Ongoing comparison of objectives and their achievement for ensuring business accountability for the respective profit/cost center(s).
- Play a key role in advising, developing and implementing future reporting packages, with a focus on using Hyperion/Dash Applications to streamline reporting
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum 8 -10 years experience
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance
- SAP, Hyperion Essbase, and Dash Application experience
- MBA and/or CPA
- Prior management experience
Key Skills and Competencies
- Experience in Finance with an operational and strategic focus
- Knowledge and experience in Energy related businesses with focus on driving important financial metrics
- Strong communication skills
- International experience or ability to work in an international environment
- Ability to work well across internal organizations
- Compliance with business conduct guidelines
- Consistent track record of innovative thinking and process improvement
- Strong work ethic and committed to get the job done on time and with high quality