System Engineer - Rail Automation
Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 234343
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Louisville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
If you really want to make a difference - make it with Siemens.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional
passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
With over 372,000 people working at Siemens, it would be hard to define one single culture. However, we do have values which we like to live by. They're things like providing honest, open feedback, encouraging people to take ownership of projects and supporting entrepreneurialism in the workplace. We like to act as a team at Siemens. We believe if we all work as one, together we can make the world a smarter place.
Siemens Rail Automation
Rail Automation supplies railway markets the world over with
solutions and turnkey installations for railway automation and
Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways all round the world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities.
Our products and systems are used for automating our customers' operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation in particular and mobility in general.
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world!
In this Systems Engineer role, you will provide systems engineering support on moderate to complex systems engineering projects, participate in requirements capture, and develop new requirements based on customer needs. You will also translate requirements into detailed systems/product specifications and participate in systems analysis as well as systems/product validation and verification. This position also provides technical support to systems/product users and other stakeholders, providing resolution to engineering problems (HW, SW, Test) and implements system enhancements and reports on the effectiveness of existing and new systems/products.
• Participate in rotational exposure to all aspects of R & D life cycle to understand products; customer requirements and interface of hardware/software and system integration.
• Prepare test and diagnostic programs, designs test fixtures and equipment, and completes specifications and procedures for new products under direct supervision.
• Evaluate preliminary engineering and customer requirements to perform hardware designs and application software design with direct supervision.
• Develop test procedures and test plans according to established company procedures and under direct supervision.
• Acquire a broad understanding of the function, department, and business by cross-training and supporting other roles, as requested.
• Understand current industry signal standards and practices including AREMA recommendations and FRA rules and regulations.
• Demonstrate a strong customer focus by listening to, recognizing, and responding to customer input in an effective, timely and courteous manner to ensure that designs meet customer specifications.
• Adhere to quality expectations in development of routine designs.
• Follow established guidelines and procedure to ensure technical standards are met according to company standards.
• Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related
• Interest in developing a career into SW, HW ,Systems or Test engineering
• 1-2 years experience applying the ability to debug and troubleshoot electrical/electromechanical devices/systems
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Role can be filled in Pittsburgh, PA, Jacksonville, FL or Louisville, KY.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
-A competitive base salary
-Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, and 3 weeks of PTO to start