Remote Energy Engineer - Building Technologies - Austin, TX
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 234371
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
- Leads (Enterprise) or assists in the development of energy calculations reports, contract exhibits and provides technical proposal review.
- Assists in the development and implementation of measurement, fault detection/diagnostic, performance assurance plans and utility monitoring plans.
- Drives onboarding of new FDD clients
- Collaborates with Digital Service Specialist to identify and select rules to be applied for Fault Detection Analytics
- Develops initial tree structure for use by the Digital Svc Specialist
- Ensures the node layout reflects the needed reporting
- Assist Digital Specialist with metering setup
- Ensures current functionality of reporting needed prior to field implementation
- Navigator energy report generation
- Analyze and approve energy reports for customer
- Reviews energy data and provides analysis
- Recommends FIMs in alignment with the customer’s energy goals
- Follow building optimization plan and M&V plan
- Define and benchmark buildings
- Becomes a subject matter expert on multiple FIMs.
- Applies building energy simulation programs or MS Excel spreadsheet calculations to determine project energy and operational savings.
- Collaborates with Digital Service Specialist to review faults that may have an energy impact or system changes related to a fault that could improve operations efficiency.
- Performs utility bill analysis to determine applicable baseline consumption data and rates as well as identify possible utility supply side opportunities.
- Presentations to potential customers
- Leads and mentors other Remote Energy Engineers
- Works independently with minimal supervision
- Develops and effective communicates long-term energy & sustainability strategies for standalone, campus and enterprise portfolios. The plan includes operational and capital improvement recommendations.
- Develops a holistic energy plan, taking into consideration the relationship / interdependency of multiple building equipment / systems.
- BS in engineering or applicable technical degree.
- Certification: CEM and Engineer in Training (EIT) preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite programs, high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Familiarity with HVAC system, electrical systems, building controls, lighting, building envelope and domestic water system technologies / design. Knowledge of common HVAC and electrical building codes.
- Familiarity with data logging equipment and trending capability building automation systems trending functions. Familiarity with building modeling programs.
- Experience with building modeling programs or spreadsheet energy analyses
- Experience with standard ASHRAE energy calculations and IPMVP performance assurance methodologies.
- Knowledge or facility and maintenance operations, capital planning, maintenance budgeting and maintenance best practices
- Familiarity with the development of scope documentation, evaluation of subcontractor proposals, and risk identification for design/build projects
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Certification: CEM and Engineer in Training (EIT) required
- 2 – 5 years of energy management experience
- Effective communication skills to speak with c-level executives