Repair Technician - Industrial Instruments
Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 234405
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Harleysville
Assignment Category: Part-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: No
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
"Opportunity to expand your technical skills in the diverse field of process instrumentation"
- Instrument Diagnostic Technician with responsibility for analysis and repair of process instruments per schedule(Pressure, Flow & Temperature).
- Insures customer satisfaction with timely response and resolution of found issues
- Drives product improvement with feedback to the Engineering Team
- Aids in the assembly of electro mechanical product solutions per schematic, drawing or instructions.
- Reports directly to the Engineering Manager
- Validates functionality of process instruments per schedule
- Details findings in tracking tool and creates report of findings for end user
- Assembles electromechanical devices per procedure or technical drawings
- Calibrates instruments per procedure
- Insures material inventory is maintained at proper levels
- Insures Tools and diagnostic equipment is maintained and calibrated per process
- Works within local Team to expand knowledge of instruments and processes
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree in the field of electronics
- 3 to 5 years experience in electronic repair, diagnostics or trouble shooting electronic devices
- Functional knowledge of various electronic equipment, Oscilloscopes, Digital Volt Meter, power supplies to be used in diagnostic process.
- Good communication skills with the ability to discuss technical issues with customers, technical support staff via phone, email or in person.
- Ability to solder electronic components and work with hand tools to assemble and verify electro mechanical assemblies.
- Good PC skills with the ability to us MS Office products to log data, create test reports and complete customer required documentation.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with process instruments that measure Pressure, Flow and Temperature
- Knowledge of SAP
- Experience and training in customer service with direct communication to customers