Project Coordinator (Federal Construction)
Business Unit: Government Services
Requisition Number: 234448
Primary Location: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large-scale, mission critical programs. The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's security.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well-established company.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemensgovt.com/
Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) is seeking an individual for a position supporting both Project Coordinator and Project Scheduler activities. The Project Coordinator will work under the general direction of and will support Project Managers by performing tasks that are of an organizational and project activity specific nature and related to department and project objectives. This individual will be responsible for establishing and maintaining ongoing partnership with the customer and subcontractors on assigned projects. This individual will report to the UMCS program Manager for human resource requirements and direct to the Project Managers as it relates to the project assignments.
· Manage the Resident Management Solution (RMS) system for Project Managers, to include billings, Request for Information (RFIs) and submittals.
· Coordinate and develop of project TDP-1 (technical design plans) submittal packages to Army Corps of Engineers (CEHNC).
· Manage and track TDP (submittal) approvals and necessary actions.
· Assist in the development of project plan documentation.
· Supports business development during the solution design or during the detailed development of the project
· Assist Project Managers in drafting subcontractor’s scope of work (SOW) and the creation of the project objectives.
· Solicit subcontractors for monthly invoicing and invoicing approvals
· Obtain monthly safety man-hour reports from subcontractors and creating a total man-hour report for Project Manager for submission.
· Assist in maintaining the project SharePoint sites, including managing archive file archives, for Project Managers. Assist the managers in providing project closeout requirement
· Effectively communicate all assigned activities to Project Managers and Project Teams
· Coordinate with Supply Chain for subcontractor or vendor solicitation and issuance of subcontract agreements
· Coordinate with Safety and Quality for the Accident Prevention Plan and Quality Control Plan deliverables
· Develop pre-bid proposal schedules
· Modify pre-bid schedule to construction schedule upon contract award
· United States Citizen with no dual citizenship, need for sponsorship or ties to any other country
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or a related field.
· Minimum of five (5) years of experience in providing support for large constructions projects preferably in the area of government contracting or related support experience as it pertains to the duties of this position.
· Experience with writing reports, performing data analyses, and writing technical documents
· A familiarity with calibration software like SharePoint, DR Checks, BIM 360, Bluebeam, and Army Corps Resident Management system (RMS) is a plus
· Experience working in a customer focused environment with the ability to meet the customers’ needs with ease
· Strong analytical capabilities with the ability to manage tasks associated with the development of projects.
· Strong technical acumen, with the ability to understand and speak to technical project plans and documents.
· Ability to work effectively in a team setting and display leadership and ownership of tasks
· Ability to produce work with minimal errors and take ownership of that work.
· Ability to work with and build a strong rapport with subcontractors, customers, and Army Corp in streaming communications
· Strong collaboration capabilities with project teams in order expedite deliverables
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to effectively communicate and present the assigned deliverables and possible issues to the Project’s Team
· Ability to learn the reporting in MS project such as ‘Who Does What When’
· Ability to learn the process of adapting Earned Value into project schedules.
· Possess the capability of obtaining a project management certification
· Proficient in MS Project and Schedule Analysis
· Proficient in MS Office Applications.
· Must be a United States citizen with the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance if required at a later date.