Application Support Engineer Student Intern (SSE, PK)
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 234505
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Northville
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Job Description - Student Intern
Application Support Engineer Student Internship
Location: Northville, Michigan
Start Date: Spring 2019
Hours: Part-time during the school year
Discover your career with us at Siemens PLM Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We are seeking a motivated student who has a desire to work with our support team and customers. You will get the opportunity to:
· Engage with our customers and assist full-time staff to ensure customer technical success with our software, STAR-CCM+
· Work closely with customers and our team to understand engineering workflows
· Contribute to solutions and best practices to help clients meet their objectives
The role includes direct customer support and close collaboration with the rest of our team. Excellent communication skills and a desire to work with clients are critical to success in this fast-paced and broad engineering role. If you are creative, entrepreneurial in nature, and demonstrate good communication skills, we would like to hear from you.
· Currently enrolled in a university pursuing an undergraduate degree, master’s degree or PhD in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or a related field with focus on computational methods and fluid dynamics
· Graduating in 2019 or later
· Successful application of CFD methods to meet real world goals in research or design
· Flexible and willing to learn new skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent presentation skills
· Experience with Siemens software is a plus
· Exceptional problem-solving skills
· Collaborative mindset to take personal ownership of team objectives and proactively complete work independently to meet those objectives.