Field Building Automation Controls Specialist - Beltsville, MD
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 234544
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Beltsville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Our contributions sometimes aren’t very apparent – but our innovations have made history. The Siemens Building Technologies Division is searching for a dynamic Field Building Automation Controls Specialist to participate in semicomplex equipment installation, trial runs, investigative test, repairs and overhauls. Siemens provides structured training to help you learn and familiarize yourself with the company and the Specialist role. In addition, you will assess the product/equipment performance and make recommendations for modification or improvements.
Are you ready to make history with us?
As a Building Automation Controls Specialist, you will participate in responding to service calls, training customers on semi-complex building automation products and services, perform semi-complex maintenance on tools, test equipment, and maintain documents of all installations, inspections, maintenance, repair work, and failures.
Our Specialists perform technical service agreement tasks and schedule assignments to ensure that the building automation system is properly maintained and operating correctly. These tasks are a part of our emergency service calls and these
would be handled during the day and after hours. Other tasks include checking indicated point of trouble, analyzing full requirements of the system and checking/testing the system components.
As a Specialist you will diagnose trouble or defects and determine corrective action and repairs for the system. You will also perform preventative maintenance and diagnostics on the building automation system and components according to the service agreement contracts. You will make sure the system is running at optimal operation for our customers. Siemens will provide you with a mentor who will help you as you ramp up your knowledge. Many more exciting tasks await you.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
• Minimum High School diploma.
• Specialized skill training/certification may be required. Demonstrates comprehensive working knowledge of a technical or specialty area, and of operations, methods, and practices.
• Generally, 2-5 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
• Knowledge of building automation systems, HVAC, electrical concepts, and building operations
• Skilled in programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills
• Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require
employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or 1-2 years of vocational/technical training.
• Working engineering and programming background preferred.