Senior Manager - Communications
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 234548
Primary Location: United States-New York-Tarrytown
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Group Manager, Sales Channel Communications
This key role in the Siemens Healthineers DX organization drives all relevant aspects of the communications between the global diagnostics marketing and communications organization and the sales channel, including Siemens Healthineers direct sales force and sales partners in zones and countries.
This team is responsible for driving adoption of sales collateral and sales effectiveness tools. This role will work closely with the commercial excellence team to ensure support materials for sales are disseminated effectively, consumed and used by the sales force. In addition, this team is responsible for developing and implementing in collaboration with the countries and zones digital/social lead-generation campaigns, which are global in framework, objectives, messaging, and assets, yet tailored to the countries’ language, regulatory requirements and channels.
This role and his/her team will regularly monitor usage on collateral, tools and campaigns, solicit feedback from sales force and partners and will report back to global marketing and communications teams on their usage, their effectiveness, and will how to improve such assets and tools to enhance the capabilities of the commercial sales organization. This team will be responsible for streamlined distribution and cadence of material to the sales force and will work closely with the commercial excellence team to maximize educational opportunities, and scheduled sales meetings to create awareness, point to location of pieces and illustrate applicability during sales cycle. This team will dynamically support the sales organization and look for new and better opportunities to capture mindshare of the sales force with sales effectiveness tools, collateral and campaigns that deliver value for diagnostics businesses.
· Accountable for translating business needs into actionable communications strategies and plans, and helps determine prioritization of communications to sales/partners.
· Identifies trends and/or issues that will have an impact on sales enablement, and creates programs or initiatives to take advantage or address these trends (ie: translation of content, technology adoption issues, new distribution channels, etc.).
· Establishes and monitors KPI’s to measure the impact of channel strategies and tactics, and to drive usage and optimization of material created for the sales channel.
· Develops and drives the backend of our lead-generation strategy with the digital engagement, customer communications, and commercial excellence teams to successfully transition leads to sales.
· Serves as an evangelist for sales collateral and tools. Ensures that sales/partners are regularly alerted and trained on new materials and tools, and that content is updated and communicated to the field in a systematic and organized manner.
· Typically responsible for communication management for projects involving high priority, major company strategic initiatives and/or significant changes to existing marketing and communication strategies.
· Serves as a communications strategist and consults with marketing communications on the needs of the sales force in the regions/zones. Provides strategic communication oversight and recommends ongoing enhancements for communicating with field sales teams.
· Leverages and evaluates the impact of different communication vehicles (e.g. ONE Library, weekly newsletters, apps) and messaging strategies to ensure effective communications.
· Analyzes processes and recommends improvement strategies relating to increasing efficiency of distribution methods, as well as most used pieces and tools, perceived quality and effectiveness, volume of material, needs and requirements of sales workflow.
· Supports the planning, coordination, prioritization and execution of training activities such as sales tools webinars and partner onboarding.
· Supports creation and maintains content through internal and partner facing communication platforms
· Tracks and reports on the impact of all sales channel enablement programs
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or equivalent experience and knowledge
· Siemens Healthineers experience a plus
· This is a global role supporting different regions, travel may be required up to 20%
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proven ability to effectively network, and work with individuals from all levels of organization in different countries and languages
· Seven years in a professional communications position in a global matrixed organization
· Self-directed, excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Outstanding organization and time management skills - with an ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks
· Strong analytical skills and an attention to detail
· Demonstrated skills in strategic thinking, analysis, project management, partner management, team building & coaching, relationship building and negotiation
· Strong knowledge of Word, Excel and PPT
· SAP and CMS knowledge is a plus