Radiochemistry Applications Engineer
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 234551
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Knoxville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
In this position the employee will provide the following services to support production of PET biomarkers at PETNET manufacturing facilities:
· Provide sustaining engineering and implementation services to enable the production and testing of PET biomarkers
· Design and develop improvements for released products, processes and equipment used in the production and testing of PET biomarkers
· Review, revise and/or develop technical documentation utilized in biomarker production, quality control and equipment maintenance
· Administer software solutions used to support biomarker manufacturing processes
· Install and qualify production and quality control equipment to enable the production of biomarkers
· Implement new production processes and analytical methods used to prepare and test biomarkers
· Implement improvements for production processes and analytical methods used to prepare and test biomarkers
· Perform on-site applications training for processes and analytical methods for new and existing biomarkers
· Provide Tier 2 biomarker technical support and compliance oversight at assigned PETNET sites
· Provide start-up services for new PET manufacturing facilities
· Track and review performance metrics to identify equipment and process problems
· Prioritize identified problems and develop solutions to improve productivity and customer satisfaction
· Participate in the design of complex hardware, software and process solutions
· Participate in the tracking of metrics to ensure that equipment, cost and delivery objectives are met
· Track and maintain assets (e.g. equipment, parts, tools, software, etc.)
· Participate in the design recommendations for alternatives or changes to the most complex customer specifications and/or processes to better match company products to customer needs and to improve productivity.
· Assist in investigations and analysis of the most complex field problems.
· Assist in the design of explanations and clarifies information to enable proper interpretation and evaluation of the most complex specifications, performance characteristics or other technical data.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· BS degree in chemistry, engineering or other science field or equivalent experience
· Minimum 3 years experience in the production of PET biomarkers or commercial operations
· Strong interpersonal, organizational and managerial skills
· Excellent attention to detail in the execution of job responsibilities
· Ability to accomplish multiple tasks in fast-paced environment
· Up to 50% travel as required to perform job functions
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Experience in production and testing of 18F radiolabeled biomarkers is required
· Experience with general radiation safety and hazardous material handling or similar technical experience
· Experience working with complex analytical equipment such as HPLC, GC, and TLC