Site Installation Technician Tech I
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 234555
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Mount Laurel
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Reporting to the Service Operations Supervisor, this position provides technical service to customer Fire Safety systems including technical support during the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems.
· Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software
programs and implementing modifications as necessary.
· Conducts testing and inspects systems under maintenance agreements.
· Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs
to assigned customer systems.
· Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in
proper working order.
· Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely
manner. Identifies code issues and non-conformance issues.
· Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and
service contract facilities.
· Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, requiring further action or
material. Participates in On-Call assignments/ schedules as required.
· Acts as a mentor and provides on-the-job training to lower level Field
Service Technicians as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· 2+ years in the installation and maintenance of Fire Safety products.
· NICET I Fire Alarm Certification required NICET II within 12 months of
· Strong customer service skills. Good verbal and written communications
· Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and
spreadsheet programs. Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
· Must have valid state drivers license and must be at least 21 years of age
in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
· Competitive compensation.
· Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which
· All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability
· 401k match.
· Education reimbursement programs available.
· Extensive product training and professional career development.