Mechanical Engineer 1
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 234578
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Work within a cross-functional team to provide assistance in developing quality, manufacturable, testable, and lowest cost mechanical designs.
Provide assistance for conceptualize and design solutions.
Produce detailed drawings utilizing GD&T and Siemens engineering best practices.
Participates in the preparation of routine sketches, design layouts, and other specifications.
Drive Engineering excellence by participating in Siemens Center of Excellence activities and Design to Shelf initiatives (Design for Six Sigma (DFSS), Set Based Design, Logical Decision making, Creating Knowledge briefs, etc…).
Help support cross-functional teams in a collaborative environment.
Work with Suppliers in a team setting to address technical issues with designs.
Support Engineering changes through the Siemens design change process (CRB).
Participates in preparing prototypes for testing and provides technical assistance on design feasibility.
Support detailed engineering analysis of new and existing designs to verify robustness and design intent.
Seek advice and guidance in designing of sheet metal, machined, cast, and injection molded parts as well as mechanisms and assemblies.
Participate in drafting and design reviews with a cross-functional team.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (Master’s degree a plus).
- Must have experience with thermal and motion control systems (mechatronics).
- Up to 2 years of industry experience in product design, development, and manufacturing with technical background in mechanical assemblies that are related to motion control and structures.
- Able to assist in working with suppliers of sheet metal, machined, cast, and injection molded mechanical parts to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Must have some proficiency in 3D CAD design software (NX preferred).
- Must have some proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc…).
- FEA and CFD software experience a plus.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Some knowledge of GD&T and the ability to learn tolerance stack-ups on routine assemblies.
- Some proficiency with ASME Y14.5 standards.
- Experience with processes FMEA and DFMA.
- Travel: 5-10%