Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 234579
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
Production Manager - Solutions
Supervise & pre-plan systems integration Systems Integration (SI) production assembly work and teams in assigned areas of responsibility to ensure they have the necessary training, knowledge, experience and support to achieve stated quality, linearity and process improvement objectives. Manage SI production floor craft activities to ensure company's short and long-term goals and objectives. Lead, Train and develop process line and cell personnel to function as a self-directed work team responsible for the daily activities of the line/cell. Encourage and support the development of process improvement groups. Develop and conduct training for the purpose of specific job skills. Ensure areas of responsibility maintain compliance to ISO procedures and project specification. Accumulate, interpret and present data, together with recommendations relative towards developing an efficient department. Participate in the implementation of these recommendations when directed by operations manager. Performs staff supervision and administrative responsibilities of: recruitment, performance evaluation, mentoring, skills development, disciplinary actions and salary management. Ensures production floor performance standards and process adhered too. Stop and resolve any condition where the continued manufacture of the company products / projects and/or contract manufacturing assemblies might compromise safety, quality or severely impact cost and report out said conditions to management. College degree (or equivalent) in manufacturing supervision, management or engineering preferred. 10-15 years related systems integration production experience supervising or managing in a team based organization. Experience and skilled as a work team facilitator and coach with strong communication skills. Experience working with Lean Manufacturing, Demand Flow Technology and ISO 9001 certification.
Production Manager leads analytical system integration project business by leading the production floor effort (sub-assemblies, fabrication, inspection, testing and QA/QC). This position will report direct to Director of Operations within the Siemens Analytical Products and Solutions business unit.
Production Manager is accountable for the financial performance, delivery performance, and customer satisfaction for all projects assigned to production.
Production Manager is responsible for the complete technical craftsmanship and quality for all projects assigned within production.
Production Manager Responsibilities include the following (but not limited to the following):
- Determine the proper system integration execution, craftsmanship, maintain projects on schedule, production budget – as defined by the project quotation, budget, and customer specifications.
- Evaluate / select materials to ensure solution offered meets requirements of the customer specifications.
- Lead craft supervision and/or personnel in the general and specific assembly of various shelters / racks / cabinet / panels / sample conditioning systems and other as they may apply, in accordance with drawing and specifications: plan views, elevations, electrical power / signal / communication wiring diagrams, utility piping and tubing schematics, sample conditioning system flow schematics, detailed sample probe drawings, alarm system (relay or PLC) detailed wiring diagrams, and fabrication drawings.
- Specify and complete request project Bill of Material for general materials (conduit, pipe, wire, hardware, fittings, misc. and other materials.
- Approve material requisitions for purchase of equipment.
- Supervise technical craftsman during the production phase of the project.
- Supervise test technician during testing and customer FAT phases of the project.
- Provide final markup design documentation to represent “as built” condition.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
It is preferred for candidates to have a BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or Physics.
It is required for the candidate to have 10+ years successful experience in a project manufacturing / production / fabrication role – working as a Production lead.
It is required for the candidate to have 10+ years’ experience in selection / specification of equipment and creation of Bill of Materials.
It is required for the candidate to have 10+ years experience working as the lead technical contact for customers on projects assigned.
It is required for candidate to able to communicate complex design requirements with customers, and production crafts.
Candidate to have working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), SAP and production planning tools
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
It is preferred for the candidate to have 10+ years’ experience as a technician / production staff for analytical system integration projects.
It is preferred for the candidate to have 10+ years’ experience in electrical and industrial codes (IBC, IEC, Nema, IEEC and other) / requirements for analytical system integration projects.
It is preferred for the candidate to have the following general system design knowledge:
- Experience in projects provided for petrochemical / refinery customers.
- Direct experience in designing modular equipment for customer’s power, signal, communication, piping, and tubing connections.
- Specification of electrical equipment including: panelboards, transformers, circuit breakers, lighting, receptacles, disconnect switches.
- Ability to specify panelboards and size circuit breakers / conductors for each user that is to be powered.
- Experience with lean manufacturing setup and improvements
- Implementation of lean process and procedures
- Working knowledge of relay logic and PLCs for alarm system applications.
- Working knowledge of piping systems including: connection types, component rating, sizing, typical specification requirements.
- Working knowledge of valve types and typical applications for each.
- Understanding of HVAC equipment – operation, sizing, selection.
It is preferred for the candidate to have the following industry specific knowledge:
- Supervise / Direct analyzer system integration projects able to read and understand complex plan views, elevations, electrical power / signal, utility piping / tubing, sample conditioning systems, sample probes, and alarm systems (PLCs or Relay Logic).
- Working knowledge of codes / standards: NEC, IEC, API, NFPA, ISA
- Firm grasp of hazardous area classifications: Class I Division 1, Class I Division 2, ATEX Zone 1, and ATEX Zone 2 electrical areas.
- Experience with NEMA 7 electrical equipment for hazardous areas.
- Knowledge of analyzers including: Gas Chromatographs, UV/IR Continuous Gas Analyzers, Paramagnetic Continuous Gas Analyzers, FTNIR, CEMS, pH & conductivity, TOC, Zirconium Oxide / Catalytic Bead stack analyzers.
- Knowledge of analyzer applications: process, stack O2/Combustible, CEMS, HRVOC, Subpart Ja.
- Working knowledge of signal communications protocol: Modbus, OPC, TCP/IP Ethernet.
- Experience in reading / understanding petrochemical or refinery electrical, instrumentation, mechanical, structural specifications.
- Experience in reviewing analytical system integration requirements of customer specifications and analyzer data sheets.
- Project experience in the field at a petrochemical or refinery site.
- Experience in mentoring new technical crafts personnel.
- Knowledge of software including: Microsoft products (Excell, Word, Power Point, ect.), SAP and other.