Sr. Cost Accountant (Manufacturing)- CLT
Business Unit: Large Gas Turbines, Generators
Requisition Number: 234592
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Sr. Cost Accountant position working in Manufacturing of Large Gas Turbines and Hot Gas Component organizations.
- High level Financial Analyst role will work within multiple sub-groups of the Charlotte campus BA (Business Administration) organization representing the Manufacturing Large Gas Turbine (MGT) & Manufacturing Hot Gas (MHG) business segments.
- Lead for in-sourcing and new business case development and analysis
- Development of financial metrics and KPI's for new business opportunities
- Benchmarking of in-sourcing and new business opportunities
- Supporting both (MGT & MHG) technical organizations with high level financial analysis
- Lead process improvement initiatives within the BA organizations in order to achieve productivity and efficiency gains.
- Introduce new ideas for further improvements within the business.
- Coordinate process improvement workshops within the BA team to drive productivity and further efficiency.
- Conduct scenario analysis and comparisons in order to convey business strategy and situation.
- Reports to the Director of Finance
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (preferably in Finance or Accounting)
- 8 years relevant work experience in manufacturing finance/costing accounting environment.
- Ability to drive process improvement and cost accounting
- Advance Excel skills
- Strong experience with Financial Reporting and analytics
- Financial audit process experience
- MS Office (Power Point, Outlook), software/IT
- Strong communications at all levels
- Up to 5% Travel (Domestic/International)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting(degree type and area of study)
- SAP experience
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in manufacturing finance/cost accounting environment.