Senior Manager Engineering SPECT/CT
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 234608
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Hoffman Estates
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Do you have a desire to work on products that directly contribute to saving lives? Are you passionate about leading teams and implementing software? If yes, we want to speak with you. We are looking for candidates with a positive attitude that are energetic, creative, excellent communicators and possess both strong technical and leadership skills. Siemens Healthineers welcomes critical thinkers, those who are willing to take ownership of tough challenges and those interested in continually developing a winning team along the way.
Do these qualities describe you?
- Technical leader with a bias towards diving into the details
- Motivating people manager who empowers teams by providing context and feedback
- Cross functional collaborator and constant communicator
- Takes smart risks and handles ambiguity while keeping integrity and transparency
- Can easily hold your own in technical debates
You will drive towards the creation of best-in-class clinical software for SPECT/CT devices while partnering with Product Management, customers and other stakeholders. You will support, mentor, coach and lead great engineers while continually improving the development environment with increased flexibility and efficiency.
In this role you will directly manage a team of seven software engineers locally and also oversee and coordinate the development effort of 1 additional team globally containing another 10 software engineers. You are expected to support, mentor, develop and coach your team in addition to representing them in the organization.
- Proactively manage SPECT/CT software development for your teams
- Mentor and grow your team creating a positive and rewarding work environment
- Enthusiastically engage and collaborate with feature concept development
- Build strong working relationships with your peers internal and external to the software department
- Actively participate in software department reviews, initiatives and discussions as part of the management team
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Passion for creating software!
- Typical education: Bachelor of Science in a technical field such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years developing and testing software
- High integrity, transparency and a strong bias towards action
- Positive can-do attitude
- Leadership experience with a successful track record
- Understanding of project management principles, tools and reporting
- Some travel is required including occasional international trips to India and Germany
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 5+ years in a leadership position
- Experience developing software for the medical industry (FDA regulated)
- Knowledge of medical imaging (SPECT, PET, CT, etc)
- C#, .NET, Angular
- Continuous integration and automated testing