Machinist - Night Shift
Business Unit: Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 234641
Primary Location: United States-Louisiana-Geismar
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services. Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit:
The Journeyman machinist will utilize manual lathes, mills, and grinders to fabricate and repair various components of rotating machining such as reciprocating compressors, centrifugal compressors, and steam turbines. Ensure that all projects are completed safely, correctly and meet or surpass all customer expectations. Follow and promote all safety and quality directives in support of Dresser-Rand’s commitment to being the industry’s premier service provider to our clients.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 years of job related experience or completion of Basic Machining Technical Training
- Ability and knowledge with utilizing standard inspection and precision measurement instruments.
- Must possess experience in the reading of equipment drawings and possess basic math skills.
- Provide personal tooling and measuring instruments required for general machine shop use.
- Above average written & verbal communication skills with the ability to prepare factual job reports and/or sketches of work performed.
- Experience with horizontal boring machines, vertical turret lathes, engine lathes, and cylindrical grinders
- Basic computer and software skills. (MS Word and Excel) a plus
- Provide knowledge and varied manual machining capabilities utilizing general machining and safe work practices.
- Machining of new or repaired machinery components (Including detailed set ups and machining maintaining tolerances up to .0005”)
- Performs minor mechanical and assembly work.
- Keeps equipment, tooling, and work area clean, orderly and secure.
- Prepare factual job reports and/or sketches of work performed
- Operate multiple manual machine tools including but not limited to standard lathes, mills and surface grinders
- Strong familiarization with all common industry safety practices and procedures.
- Utilization of proper PPE during all phases of machining operations.