Business Unit: Controls and Digitalization
Requisition Number: 234651
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit:
Seeking a self-motivated Distributed Control Systems (DCS) Bid Manager to support the control system modernization business within power generation as well as related DCS service business. In this role, you will develop value solutions against customer drivers that focus on client return on investment and return on equity through effectively translating requirements into technical solutions, documenting strategies, and producing complex written technical proposals that meet Sales’ strategies in the pursuit of orders and the business’ goals for the organization. This role requires close collaboration with the Sales, Business Development and Commercial teams in addition to the collaboration with Project Execution authorities to fully collect both the technical and commercial perspectives and produce well-defined proposals.
We also look for the following to be successful in this position:
Ability to Engineer technical solutions and present concepts and proposals to both internal and external teams.
Strong teamwork skills and have the ability to work with all levels within the organization, including senior management.
• Lead proposal efforts on Sales opportunities from bid approval through turnover of won projects including development of the proposed technical concept, cost calculation and technical proposal document.
• Integrate into complex pursuits prior to proposal development to be an integral member of the sales pursuit team.
• Perform site walk downs to gather necessary information for bid strategy and solution development.
• Review customer specifications and provide solutions to meet requirements.
• Recommend acceptable solutions in accordance to technical standards.
• Develop clear and concise proposals that support the strategy and the overall business goals of the organization.
• Ensure that established business processes are followed and seek opportunities to improve the established processes.
• Actively work with other business partners in the development and improvement of technical proposal concepts.
• Seek to improve financial performance of proposal efforts while maintaining and enhancing customer and project team satisfaction.
• Transfer the proposal package after order receipt to the Project Execution organization.
• Actively support the Sales organization in the acquisition of future projects.
• Lead and participate in business improvement projects.
• Dedicatedly document and share lessons learned.
• Bachelor's degree and at least 10 years of relevant experience in Distributed Control Systems.
• Excellent leadership, teamwork and influencing skills.
• Strong business insight.
• Ability to support, lead and complete multiple proposals at a time.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word/Excel/Power Point).
• Need to be able to prioritize while working in a fast-paced environment.
• You will be required to perform effectively and efficiently in a dynamic environment
• Previous experience/knowledge in power plant engineering and/or proposal development is helpful.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Ability to travel up to 10%
You move to the front of the pack if you have:
• Previous experience with Cyber Security as it relates to DCS in the power generation or the Oil and Gas industry including computer and network systems, IT/OT security, NERC CIP regulations, NIST requirements, SANS security practices, Cisco Firewalls and Routers, and industrial networking products.
• Previous experience/knowledge of electrical systems within PG including AVRs and SFC.SESs.
• Previous experience in project management and software / hardware engineering.
• Previous experience as commissioning engineer for complex projects.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed.
Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we would like to meet you.