System Engineer - Rail Automation
Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 234656
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
If you really want to make a difference - make it with Siemens.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional
passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
With over 372,000 people working at Siemens, it would be hard to define one single culture. However, we do have values which we like to live by. They're things like providing honest, open feedback, encouraging people to take ownership of projects and supporting entrepreneurialism in the workplace. We like to act as a team at Siemens. We believe if we all work as one, together we can make the world a smarter place.
System Engineer ATS
- Design and implement new functionality based on customer requirements
- Analyze and mitigate performance issues or unusual system behavior, including issues that involve interaction between multiple system components
- Communicate to the customer during all stages of incidents
- Identify root causes in the source code or configuration
- Assist the customer to implement monitoring and measures to improve the stability of the system
- Understand C, C++, Java, python and shell scripts
- Be familiar with a range of debugging tools for Unix such as: dtrace, strace, gdb, mdb.
- Be familiar with the Unix shell.
- Exposure to relational databases & PL/SQL, and basic Oracle database architecture
- Phenomenal knowledge of Unix operating system internals
- 5+ years’ experience as a Systems/Network Engineer or similar role
- General networking knowledge