Inside Sales Professional
Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 234716
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
Analytical Products & Solutions Sales Support Professional is responsible for the successful execution and quality of RFQ Processing, Quote execution, review of all proposals before release and the PM@Siemens LoA Process. This position reports to the Quotations Manager who inturn reports to the Sales Director.
Initiate periodic Sales Support Meetings to effectively assign new projects to be quoted
- Complete LoA (Limits of Authority – Approval escalation) Process deliverables including LoA Tool Risk Report and Offer Release Form by completing commercial and legal risk review of terms & conditions.
- Route, track and finalize quote approvals per AP Delegation of Authority (DoA).
- Maintain projects in LoA Tool by performing weekly project updates according to quote status.
- Schedule and lead Bid review and LoA Meetings with required attendees according to LoA escalation, capture action items and minutes for followup
- Complete quarterly PM@Siemens Compliance Control Checks.
- Execute DAMEX check at quote assignment.
- Involvement from the bid phase to the conception of a project
- Manage RFQ submittal process (look for improvements to efficiency where applicable) – currently utilizing mailbox and sharepoint
- Monitor the SI Quote Mailbox for new RFQs and revisions that need to be assigned
- Check New RFQ documentation for completeness
- Assign new RFQs and revisions using assignment process/rules
- Interface with Sales Engineers and Business development Manager to input customer data on the CRM system and process stream composition on iSET (web based quotation tool) for larger projects
- Set up quote folders according to process before sending assignment notification
- Attend Sales Support Meetings (Live Meeting), take MOM and keep track of all open quotes
- Generate reports from the Quote Tool and supply all quote related data to other departments as needed
- Review all proposals for formatting, accuracy and all supporting documents are attached
- Complete all required forms received with RFQ
- Support all proposal specialist as needed
- Provide backup support other departments as needed
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· MS Office, SharePoint, Adobe, etc.
· Strong work ethic, organizational skills and people skills are required.
· The ability to multi-task, work to meet deadlines as required and in a fast paced environment.
· Ability to create Excel macros/Access based tools as needed
· Detail oriented with organizational skills to optimize current processes
· Understanding customer quality expectations at the front end and flair for sales.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Experience in project lifecycle process for projects in manufacturing.
· Systems Integration with a focus on process analytics would be helpful
· Familiarity with Contract negotiation and legal language
· College graduate (BS) with 1- 2 years of working experience/internship preferably in an inside sales environment