Business Unit: Customer Services DF & PD
Requisition Number: 234745
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 40%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Order Management and Technical Support – High Power Charging
Responsible for order management and technical clarifications in the pre-sale phase, as well as acting as a point of customer contact for aftermarket and Level 3 technical support.
This role involves intensive and on-going customer interaction throughout the entire lifecycle of a project from the requirements phase, order entry, to the configuration and testing phases. The candidate will interact with other internal departments such as Customer Service, Purchasing, Logistics and Engineering.
- Ensures that order requirements are met with external customers
- Manages the scope of work to ensure that all deliverables are fulfilled on time and within budget
- Creates and executes the project plan
- Oversees project communications (reporting, correspondence, meetings, etc.)
- Ensures that all Milestone requirements are complete
- Forecasts (with team) and manages risks and opportunities
- Manages change orders and claims
- Coordinates installation, commissioning, and training efforts
- Verifies, requests, and obtains customer acceptance of the system
- Maintains lessons learned throughout the entirety of the project
- Closes the project at completion and archives project files
- Manages break/fix projects to get a customer’s process back up and running quickly and properly.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering
- Must have technical proficiency in Power Conversion systems
- Has good knowledge of S7 and TIA software programming
- Proficient in utilizing mechanical and electrical design tools such as AutoCAD, ePlan, etc.
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to customer requests
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- 40% travel based on customer requested meetings and support
- 3 to 5 years of project management experience and customer facing service calls
- Industrial manufacturing and process hands on working knowledge
- SAP or other ERP applications
This job requires travel between 30%-50%